Things to know about us!
1) Everyone is Welcome. . .Including You! - This is one of our favorite sayings and we mean it. We're a church that values diversity and strives to look like the community around us. If you've had bad church experiences, have been hurt by a church in the past, or have a negative view on church, then we would love for you to visit. You are welcome here.
2) We believe that church should be fun! - Another favorite saying of ours is that "Church will be a lot more fun with you here!" When the early church was formed it was an exciting place, but over the centuries we've made it boring. We believe that God loves to hear us laughing and having fun because what parent doesn't want to see a smile on their children's faces? And we are God's children! Therefore, you'll always hear the congregation laughing. You might even see a hilarious skit or the preacher walking out with a fake mullet on. Yes, we take God very seriously, but we don't believe that God wants church to be boring. God wants you to wake up excited because it's Sunday! Nobody should dread coming to church.
3) We believe that worship should not be a routine. One of the saddest things about church is that almost every church has a regular worship routine. Traditional churches follow the same order of worship, and modern churches follow a different, yet typical order of worship. We don't do that. We believe that every Sunday should be different. After all, we serve a creative God!
4) We are a church where traditional meets modern. At Christ Community Church, you'll hear a modern message given in a traditional setting. As far as the music goes, we believe in using different types of music. On any given Sunday, you could experience a modern worship band, old fashioned Gospel music, powerful hymns played on one of the biggest organs in Michigan, or beautiful piano music. In fact, you'll probably experience a mixture of those things. You'll also experience solos given by different artists from the greater Lansing community. We don't believe that worshipers should be separated into different services based on musical tastes. We want to worship the way that we'll worship in heaven, with different types of music!
5) We believe that it is ok to be theologically diverse. The truth of Christianity should never be compromised. We hold strongly to the truths that the early church proclaimed, and we boldly proclaim those truths to the world, but we also understand that it's ok to disagree in the "grey areas." We don't expect all of our members to have the same beliefs when it comes to things like predestination or limited atonement. We also don't believe that people should be separated into liberal churches and conservative churches. On Sunday mornings at Christ Community Church, you'll find Democrats and Republicans, Conservatives and Liberals, Wesleyans and Calvinists, and many other groups, worshipping together, based on our common belief in Jesus!
6) We believe that it is not our place to judge. God is the judge. . .Not us! We strive to create a safe environment where you will never feel judged, stereotyped, called out, or lectured. We are simply here to love and proclaim the good news of Jesus!